February 22, 2016

wrangling life... and clay


The past month has been a busy one. The start of 2016 did not unfurl like I had imagined it would. January was going to be a month for rest, reflection and planning. I was going to take some time to work on new ideas for my pottery, plan the direction of my business in the new year and work on my Spring/Summer catalog. There was a repainting project that I wanted to tackle in the living room (and did actually manage to get to... more on that soon!). My fiancĂ© and I were planning on putting some serious efforts into getting his side business/hobby, Buster's Bitters off the ground. I also was hoping to do some minimal planning for my wedding that is potentially happening at the end of this year, if not sooner.

Things got sidetracked a bit, as life often does. One week into the new year I was contacted by a handful of stores that were eager to carry my pots. What a surprise. I had weeks worth of work to tackle and was trying to get as much of done before the second week of February because I was leaving for New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras with my family.

Upon my return, in the midst of finishing orders, I was contacted by a local potter here in Athens, who had just opened a small group studio and had a space available if I was interested in signing on. After a couple days of weighing pros & cons I decided to move forward with this decision. I bought my own pottery wheel last week and spent the weekend breaking it in out on my back porch. This week and next will be all about moving and transitioning to the new space. I am excited and can barely wait to see what direction this takes me in my work and life.

No comments: