February 4, 2013

link love

Its been a while since I shared some link love so today I am profiling four etsy shops that have caught my eye over the past six months or so. The following are four extremely creative and talented women (and 1 husband) that are producing much sought-after, hand produced, one of a kind goods. Have a look and see for yourself... 

Dainty Dodi is a fairly new shop started by graphic/web designer and super seamstress, Doreen Engelmann. She is whipping up handmade dolls and other plush lovelies for the wee little ones in your lives. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that everyone I know is having a baby, but I couldn't help but fall for her classic "tooth-beary" heirloom teddy. These felty friends would be sure to bring comfort and company for a little tike from that first lost tooth through all the succeeding years of summer teeth. 

I can easily get carried away by a story like this... Cindy O'Beirn recently packed her worldly belongings and her two cats and moved all way from Canada to Sweden to be with the love of her life. In the midst of such a major life changing experience this woman barely skipped a beat in her production of 1-of-a-kind bags repurposed from old leather jackets, pants and skirts. I've been watching her post her work for well over a year on her instagram feed and I must say each new piece outshines the last. You can find her bags for sale in her etsy shop.

house in habit
Mike and Jessica Kraus started their mamma and pop shop on etsy about a year and a half ago. Since then their hand crafted tee-pees have become quite a hot ticket item after being featured on Martha Stewart. These imagination stirring domiciles are perfect for kids play or chill time, indoors and out. It is no wonder the couple has come up with such a great family-friendly product being parents of three little ones themselves. Jessica's instagram feed and blog are also equally hard to resist.

three arrows leather
Sessann Orne has been familiar to me for quite sometime now. Over my many years of blogging I found myself following her earthship desert adventures via Earth Age and Cosmic Dust eventually catching up with her on instagram. It was while following her IG feed I came to know about her latest venture into the accessory and jewelry world. Seems she has channeled living off the land and being surrounded by nature all these years into her striking fringed and beaded creations. You can find them here.

No comments: